- Antarctic Tasmania OLD
- Tasmanian Polar Network
- Hobart: Gateway to Antarctica
Hobart: World-class research hub
- Australian Antarctic Division
- CSIRO Division of Marine and Atmospheric Research
- Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre
- Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies
- Integrated Marine Observing System
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- Australian Maritime College
- International Antarctic Institute
- Hobart's international secretariats
- International conferences and meetings
- Hobart's Antarctic attractions
- Hobart's Antarctic history
- Contact Us
Hobart has been home to Australia’s Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS) since 2007. IMOS is a nationwide collaborative program with Australia’s universities, research organisations and government agencies that uses the latest technology to observe the coastal and deep-ocean waters around Australia.
IMOS data supports research on many critical marine issues including multi-decadal ocean change, climate variability, boundary currents, continental shelf processes, and biological responses. IMOS also contributes to Australia’s role in international ocean observation programs.
All IMOS data is freely available to the marine science community from the IMOS Ocean Portal.
For further Information visit: www.imos.org.au