The Tasmanian Polar Network is the contact point for all shipping and cold climate supply and support requirements.
The network can coordinate and provide individual specialist assistance for any kind of Antarctic, Southern Ocean or cold-climate activity, such as:
- land, air and sea transport
- waste management
- shipping agents, provedoring and port services
- ship repair facilities supported by skilled marine engineers and trades personnel
- weather and ice forecasting
- ship communication support
- fuels and gases
- engineers and consultants
- building and supplies
- specialised clothing
- tourism, accommodation and conference facilities
- high-technology communication, printing and design
- links to Tasmania’s world-class research institutions.
A full listing of TPN members and their capabilities is available at: www.tasmanianpolarnetwork.com